INFORMATION and EXPECTATIONS:
- Thursday evening, students should triple-check that ALL costume pieces are properly hung up and in their garment bags to be ready for use on Saturday. NO WRINKLY SUITS OR DRESSES!
- As we are bussing to the competition together, students should plan on staying at Papio South High School for the entire day. Students are not to leave (even with parents) without director approval. Students who wish to return to Lincoln with their parents must provide Miss Wissink or Mr. Epperson with a note and check-out in person with Miss Wissink or Mr. Epperson before departing.
- At the end of the day, students will only be allowed to load the busses and leave once East’s homeroom is cleaned and the trailer is properly loaded for departure by all show choir members.
- Part of being a quality competitive show choir is how we appear and act off-stage. We want to appear as professional as possible, and will dress accordingly for the day. Men should be in dress slacks & shoes along with a dress shirt (ties are not discouraged) or a nice sweater. Women should dress in appropriate professional attire. No t-shirts, jeans, sweats, etc. We want to “dress for success” and represent East very well.
- Please keep in mind that as you watch other groups perform, that you are watching someone’s brother or sister, son or daughter, friend, etc. and that they have worked hard to prepare for their performance. Please refrain from negative comments directed toward groups on stage (or really any show choir or other school). Take mental notes of what each group does well and what they need to work on. We can discuss those comments in class and work to improve our own shows.
- Remember not to wander the halls half in/half out of costume. Also refrain from eating food or drinking beverages that can stain while in costume. We need these costumes to last the entire season!!!
- Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for students (daytime round only).
- One can purchase an All- Day Pass (both daytime and finals) for $12 for adults and $10 for students.
- Anyone arriving after 6PM just for finals will be charged $7. Children under 5 are admitted free of charge.
- There are variety of concessions available for purchase at Papillion LaVista South High School throughout the day. Students should be sure to bring money for meals throughout the day.
The complete Papillion LaVista South “Titan Classic” schedule may be found on Mr. Epperson’s Website at:
|Fri, 3:15 p.m.||Express, Elegance, Elevation & Show Band members load all necessary show choir equipment out of the Vocal Music Room Door (#24) onto the trailer. Changing racks, drum set, number line, keyboards, amps, keyboard stands, power & auxiliary cords, side risers, emergency bags, etc.|
|6:30 am||Express, Elegance, Elevation & Show Band members load all necessary show choir equipment out of the Vocal Music Room Door (#24) onto the trailer. Changing racks, drum set, number line, keyboards, amps, keyboard stands, power & auxiliary cords, side risers, emergency bags, etc.
Please make sure you have everything you will need for the day (BLACK SOCKS, EARRINGS, costume pieces, number line, band music and instruments, etc.) GATHER at East, quickly load equipment into the trailer and DEPART for Papillion LaVista South High School
|7:30 am||ARRIVE and UNLOAD – Elevation women will go the homeroom to finalize their hair-curling and make-up process. Express and band members will unload the equipment from the trailer and bring necessary items to homerooms. Elegance members go to auditorium to check sound. Band members prepare equipment to move to warm-up (drum set, keyboard, etc).|
|7:45 am||ELEVATION changes into costume- GUYS/GIRLS IN SEPARATE ROOMS!|
|8:00 am||Wissink will give final instructions to Elevation in their homeroom. Band and Crew will depart for the warm-up area|
|8:10 am||Elevation Departs for Warm-Up|
|8:20 am||ELEVATION WARM-UP|
|8:45 am||ELEVATION PERFORMANCE|
|9:10-9:35am||ELEVATION CRITIQUE & WORK-SHOP|
|9:35 am||Wissink will meet with Elevation back in the homeroom for further instructions|
|11:45 am||ELEGANCE changes into costume|
|12:05 pm||Epperson will give final instructions to Elegance in their homeroom. Band and Crew will depart for the warm-up area|
|12:15 pm||ELEGANCE DEPARTS FOR WARM-UP|
|12:25 pm||ELEGANCE WARM-UP|
|12:50 pm||ELEGANCE PERFORMANCE|
|1:15-1:40 pm||ELEGANCE CRITIQUE & WORK-SHOP|
|1:40 pm||Epperson will meet with Elegance back in the homeroom for further instructions|
|1:45 pm||Watch Augusta, Grand Island, Sioux Falls O’Gorman, Elkhorn and Norris!|
|3:50 pm||EXPRESS changes into costume- GUYS/GIRLS IN SEPARATE ROOMS!|
|4:05 pm||Epperson will give final instructions to Express in their homeroom. Band and Crew will depart for the warm-up area|
|4:15 pm||EXPRESS DEPARTS FOR WARM-UP|
|4:25 pm||EXPRESS WARM-UP|
|4:50 pm||EXPRESS PERFORMANCE|
|5:15-5:40 pm||EXPRESS CRITIQUE & WORK-SHOP|
|5:40 pm||Go watch Sioux City East!|
|6:30 pm||DAYTIME AWARDS|
|7:35 pm||Titan Express Exhibition Performance|
|8:00 pm||Finalist #1|
|8:25 pm||Finalist #2|
|8:50 pm||Finalist #3|
|9:15 pm||Finalist #4|
|9:40 pm||Finalist #5|
|10:05 pm||Finalist #6|
|~~~~~||After finals performance (before finals awards, if possible): EVERYONE loads equipment into the trailer and cleans homeroom|
|10:30 pm||Titanium Exhibition Performance|
|10:45 pm||FINAL AWARDS|
|10:55 pm||Following Awards: Everyone LOAD the busses and DEPART as quickly as possible (use bathroom before loading!)|
|11:55 pm||Show choir members return to East, quickly unload the trailer, ensure the busses are clean, and the equipment is relatively organized in the choir room.
Go Home and Sleep!